Many commercial cleaners contain bleach and toxic chemicals that can damage your wood or whitewash, but you may have some natural cleaners in your cabinets. Here are some home cleaning solutions that can help you keep your white furniture looking its best.
• Carpet cleaner: Mix a glass of borax, a glass of white vinegar, and salt so that you can make a paste. Rub the paste onto the carpet and let it sit for a few hours or until it dries and then clean. You can also get expert furniture cleaning services from an upholstery cleaning company.
• Cleaning powder: Sprinkle baking soda on the surface to be cleaned and scrub gently with a damp sponge.
• Remove water rings: Rub water stains gently with mayonnaise or toothpaste with a damp cloth. After the ring is removed, the entire wood surface must be polished to remove dirt.
• White varnish for varnished wood furniture: Mix a glass of warm water with 4-5 drops of lemon oil. Spray this mixture on a cotton cloth and use just enough to keep the cloth slightly damp. Wipe all painted surfaces with a damp cloth, then wipe with a soft dry cloth.
• Fabric stain remover: Mix 1 tbsp. liquid dishwashing detergent with 1 tbsp. Glycerin and 8 tbsp. Water. Immediately apply some of this solution to the stain and wipe it off with a clean cloth. Repeat until the stain is gone. Use warm water for oily stains and cold water for everything else.
• Simple upholstery cleaner: Mix a glass of mild liquid detergent with 3 tbsp. Water until foamy. Rub the foam into the upholstery with a soft cotton cloth and rinse with a clean damp sponge.