These tips are directed to the organization as a whole. Every leader must realize it and provide support as needed, but many tips need to be executed by senior officials and / or HR departments.
Tips # 1: Train all managers:
- Everything is included in Employee Training. You can search for a complete harassment training for managers on https://harassmentalert.com/how-to-know-if-you-have-a-hostile-work-environment-a-helpful-guide/
- The costs; their responsibilities; what to avoid; what to watch out for
- How to handle complaints, including how to document
Tips # 2: Investigate all complaints of all harassment.
Not all allegations of abuse have the same advantages or severity. However, the absolute is: never ignore the complaints of harassment, whether it is formally made or as an informal complaint.
Tip # 3: Create clear harassment / discrimination policies and tolerance.
- Defining and covering quid-pro-quo harassment
- Defining and covering hostile environment harassment
- Stressing the significance of effect, regardless of intent
- Covering all bases of harassment and discrimination (e.g., race, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, etc.)
- Specifying consequences (e.g., up to and including termination of employment) and establishing a complaint procedure